Sunday, January 12, 2014

Awesome Guy - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am sharing a layout over on the Boys Rule Kit Club site, using the awesome January / February kit, check it out.....

I had loads of fun getting my grunge on! The elements in this kit were perfect for scrapping my big boys.This is my middle son, about 5 years ago.

 I added some ink to this chipboard skaterboarder and doodled around the edges.

 Loving these epoxy hearts.

These clear stickers are awesome, you can layer them up and treat them much the same as rub-ons, when it comes to designing with them.

 I cut the word "awesome" with my Silhouette using a messy font, and added some mini alphas stickers to complete my title.

I used paint and a paint brush to messily draw a circular element on my page. I am telling you it was all kids of fun and liberating not being overly worried about perfection or tidiness. I did have a few pencil marks to guide me, bu tI was okay with not staying 'true' to them.

I also added some ink messy polka dots, using a Tim Holtz mask, to my background page. There were some grey polka dots printed on the paper and I used a brown ink to layer up some more.

note * paint and ink are from my stash.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love your background! I love this fun, grungy guy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is awesome!!! So many fantastic details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous guy page.. fun background and great accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this grungy boy page!!! They are always some of my favorites! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cool guy page that background looks stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! You pulled of the grunge so well...I just can't do it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine page, Laura! Love the grunge feel you created on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!