Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Confetti Pocket tutorial

HI there!  

It is time for a new tutorial over on the ScrapMuch? blog, I gave myself a bit of a break over the holidays, but it is time to get back at it!  I thought I would share how to create a confetti pocket.   I used mine as a background for a card, but small confetti pockets make really cute layout accents.


First decide on the size and shape of your pocket, then cut a piece of cardstock and a piece of vellum to size (note you could use two pieces of vellum of cardstock and acetate).

Now create your confetti with a hole punch, you could also add in some sequins.


Next I used little bulldog clips to hold the top and bottom piece together, with the confetti inside, while I was getting ready to stitch around them.


As you can see, i machine stitched around my pocket, however, hand stitching or even Washi tape will work great.



Here is a look at what I did with my pocket.  What will you be using your pocket for?

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love this! And the owl is precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tutorial, Laura! Will actually do this on a layout and/or a card VERY soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tutorial and such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!