Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love that Smile / Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

There is a brand new sketch up on the Stuck?! Sketches challenge site today!  This is my take on it....

My goal for this layout was to keep it light and airy but still add some fun factor to the background.  I started out by applying some white paint using a mask that I cut out with the Silhouette.  Once that was dry I added some random dots with yellow ink via a bubble stamp. And finally I added a few flicks of blue mist.


Then I pulled out some scraps of papers and leftover elements in blues, greens and yellows. This layout is perfect for using up scraps.

You will probably notice pieces of Echo Park, October Afternoon, Fancy Pants and eve a bit of Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye. and American Crafts,  see how nicely they mingle!

A few Studio Calico wood hearts for fun factor.

Here are a few detailed shots.


Now here is the sketch ....

 I really hope you like it and consider playing along.  Running this challenge site is a whole new ball game for me and I feel like I put my heart on my sleeve each time I share a sketch.  It feels completely different than sharing a layout, as ultimately the layouts are for me.  But the sketches are hopefully inspiring to you. If I am making any sense.

Anyway, we have two great sponsors for this challenge....


And you still have time to enter our January 1st challenge for your chance at 2 more great prizes!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


13 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I am loving this page Laura!!! Such fabulous layering of elements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your layout, Laura, especially your embellishment placement. Awesome! And the sketch!! Can't wait to play with it - I know EXACTLY what photo I'm going to use! Thanks for the inspiration once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your layout, Laura, especially the colour palette and the embellishment placement. Oh! And that top-left corner!! CUTE! And the sketch is absolutely great. Can't wait to play with it - I already know what photo I'll be using! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this sketch too! Might have to play with this too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! Love, love the layering and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Laura! Thanks for having me over there today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the happy, spring colors!!! Another great sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A classic Laura layout and I completely love it! I really need to learn your secret for using a lot, without it looking busy and cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome page Laura! I love the tone on tone look, with little touches of color here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page Laura! Love how you used up a mixture of paper from your scrap and made it work together. Nice stencil work with the white paint too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those flowers are adorable, and the photo,too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic page Laura - I love that masked background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is super. Thanks for showing the detail shots too; I really love that there is so much to explore on your layout but it doesn't look cluttered at all. Beautiful crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!