Wednesday, January 01, 2014

ScrapMuch? Reveal - Echo Park

Hi there!

I am back again this morning to share my ScrapMuch? monthly reveal with you.  I was lucky enough to play with Let it Snow by Echo Park, the blue tones are so pretty and I really love the contrast of the grey.


I also received a package of these Fancy Pants Filter Paper Embellishments to play with... 


I had fun using them in a couple of different ways.

Here are my projects...

I {heart} Winter

I used some white paint and blue Stickles from my stash.  I liked the idea of painting a 'mat' for my focal point.  I also added white paint to the edges of the filter paper embellishments and then finished them off by piercing some holes in them. The turned down corner is a really old technique but I am loving it all over again.

The sticker sheet from this collection has a fun mix of snowflakes and some other great images.

Snow much fun

For this layout, I created a snowflake mask to paint snowflakes onto my base paper, then I layered on some of the great patterned papers from the collection.  I created an icicle border Silhouette cut file and then cut it out of white cardstock for some contrast.  This time I gave the filter paper embellishment a bit of a twisted look and layered some of my stickers and my title onto it.  I love the way it pops, I added some Stickles to the filter paper and my title for fun factor.

Winter Wonder

 I really love the way these papers and embellishments pop off of this grey base paper.  I also like that it is a reflection of the sky in this photo taken after a recent ice storm.  This time I used the filter papers to anchor my layers of patterns and then added some stitching to help show them off.  I also added some paint on my background using a 'bubble wrap' stamp.  I like that it looks like snow.  The title was created by using stickers from the sticker sheet as well as my Silhouette, I love the contrast and layered look. At the bottom of my focal point you can see that I added another icicle border that also has Stickles on it, then I layered up a pearl flourish that I rec'd in the kit, which also looks like a flurry of snow (so cool) and some stickers from the collection. I really like how they look all layered together.

Thanks for visiting today!
Laura
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. love all of these...awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Laura! Love how you used the EP and created such pretty Winter layouts! And the paint in the background on the first layout is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your layouts! Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous winter layouts! Love what you did with this collection!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Love the colours on the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!