Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Adding paint to a layout - tutorial

Hi there!

I am sharing this tutorial over on the ScrapMuch? blog today!  Lately I have been playing with crafts paints on my layouts.  Today I thought I would share a few ways to add paint to your pages.

 You probably have some acrylic craft paints in your cupboard, I like to work with neutrals, so today I will be using white.  I tend to keep my scrappy supply packages to use as disposable paint palettes, and I like to work with foam brushes, that way if I forget to wash them out right away I can toss them, plus they give a nice effect and coverage.

You can use any mask you like, I happen to cup this one with my Silhouette as I liked the pattern. (FYI - I have used this mask over a half dozen times and it ti still going strong.)

I used washi tape to hold the mask in place on my base paper.

Then I added the paint with a pouncing motion using the foam brush, in a few strategic areas, being careful not to be too 'square" with it.

 Then I moved the mask to the upper corner and repeated the process.

 Once the paint was dry i added a few flicks on mist.  (The paint dries quite quickly.)

 Next I cut several other elements that I wanted to add to my page.

Using the same paint brush, I added paint around the edges to each piece.  Do not worry about perfection, this is for FUN!

Then I laid the pieces out to dry, it only takes a few minutes.  I like to save my discarded Silhouette mat covers for this, as the painted elements to do stick to the mat as they would to paper.

Then I started laying out my page.


 You can see here I even added paint to my photo.

And this is my finished page, I love it!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! I love how this layout turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and the tutorial is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite layouts of yours! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovin all the fun paint!!! super cool page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!