Monday, February 24, 2014

Sail - Let's GEt Sketchy - Fancy Pants

Hi there!

Happy Monday!  It's my team's turn to create over at Let's Get Sketchy this week this is the layout that I created using this week's sketch.


Adding these triangles to the corners of layouts seems to be trendy right now, but I can tell you it is definitely out of the box for me.  It was fun to give it a try, not sure if I would do it often though, angles do something to my symmetrical sensibilities! haha!


I played around at stitching a title, kind of fun. Again, not so sure I would do it again.



All in all, I enjoyed creating the layout, loved using the sketch, it is always so nice to try out different styles and learn something new and move a little out of your comfort zone.

Here is a look at the sketch, created by DT Lanette.


Now it's your turn, pop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see what the rest of the 'Team B'  DT created and link up your take on the sketch for your chance at this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I keep seeing those corner triangles around!! Looks great on here Laura!! Fantastic page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally LOVE how fun your page is!!! great pics and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your triangles look awesome and I love your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout! Loving all the fun embellies and the brad, little flags ect.. I especially love the stitching on your title and the corners of your page. I think you should not give up on that! Thanks for the inspiration!
    ~Kim p.s. thanks for the kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that photo of you, rocking the hat! I think the stitched title is awesome! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Laura!! Love the Down by the Shore collection with your photos and the cute stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job Laura! I love your pp's & colors, and the stitched title is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!