Friday, February 28, 2014

Scraps and Chipboard, a tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a little tutorial up on the Boys Rule blog today, so of course I wanted to share it here, too!

I was playing around with some of the scraps from my January / February  kit and a piece of chipboard and this is what I came up with.

So go ahead and gather some scraps and trim them down to about a 1/2", then grab your chipboard piece (one with a cut out in the middle) and you will also need a scrap of cardstock.

Trace your chipboard shape onto the cardstock and cut it out.  It does not need to be perfect as no one will see it.

Then start layering your strips of patterned paper onto the cardstock piece, playing with the patterns and adhering as you go.

 Now adhere the chipboard shape on top of the patterned strips.


The last step is to trim around the chipboard piece, you will want a nice clean cut.  I also added a bit of ink to the edges of mine.  Now it is already to add to your project.  I made this little tag with mine, which I can add to a future project or gift.


Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this technique. Great idea and that tag is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun use of the chipboard piece and the scraps, Laura! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!