Friday, March 28, 2014

Adding grunge to grunge - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a tutorial up on the Boys Rule site today, and I am sharing it here too!

Actually, I have 2 tips in one post for you today.   First up, you know these great paper pack inserts, they showcase the patterns in each collection.


And they are just perfect for cutting into strips to add to your projects.  I am going to use this piece on my card.


You guys all know how much we love grunge at Boys Rule, right?  Well I am going to show you how to add a little extra grunge to your grunge.

This Garage Days collection from Kaisercraft, that was included in this months kit, is a really great grungy line.  


 But I wanted a little more grunge, so I took this die cut that I will be adding to my card, and crumpled it up, giving it some really great distressed edges and folds.


Then I ran it across my ink pad along every crease that I created.


Have a look at this, doesn't it look great?


I repeated this process for the strip that I cut off the  packaging insert.


Now I will share my card with you...


I love the way it turned out and I hope you do too, why don't you give it a try!

Thanks for visiting,
Laura
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Laura what a great card!! Love the grunge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and cool technique!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!