Wednesday, March 05, 2014

First Love - Boys Rule - Kaisercraft

Hi there!

So sorry I am so late in getting my post up today.  I have been down with a flu bug and so I was behind in my scrapping.  Last night I finally felt well enough to create (you know you are sick when you do not want to scrap!) and then I had to finish my mom duties for the morning before I could photograph my page for you.  I am really grateful the sun decided to shine today :) Thankfully I had the first couple of posts this week pre-scheduled so that took some pressure off.

I am totally loving the new Boys Rule Kit! There are just so many possibilities for pages within this package of goodies! Laura-Lee never ceases to amaze me with her ability to pull together fun and fabulous elements! 

Today I am sharing my first page created wit the kit, I know the Boys Rule Kit Club is about all things boy and dirt and grunge, and I am sure you are wondering where I am going with the whole 'first love' thing, but trust me on this .... it is relevant!

This photo is of my hubby (before the hubby phase, circa 1986) with his first love, his muscle car.  He spent a lot, I mean a lot of time and money fixing this baby up - seriously - he probably could have bought half a house.  But it's a guy thing and it created great memories for him, so I am happy that he had that opportunity.  

Here are some detailed shots for you....





I had a lot of fun layering up the die cut pieces from this Kaisercraft collection, they were just perfect!

So glad you visited today!
Laura
xoxo

PS, you probably shouldn't mention to him that I scrapped this photo since he is all young and scrawny and shirtless and all!

PPS, the tire die cuts remind me of a funny story that happened when I went to visit the pre-hubby one day when he was working on the car - but I am not sharing for fear of making myself look like a total duh - I will just leave you with these thought... tires roll and I was stronger than I looked  ;)

5 comments:

  1. Great layout Laura!! Love the way you used the embellishments! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, Laura!!! Sorry to hear you were sick. No fun. My daughter has been sick all week. Waiting for spring.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice layout Laura, it showcases the great photo really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great layout! Love it all. Love the collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is very cool. Love the layered diecuts. Did you journal on the back? I'm curious about your "rolling tyres" story :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!