Sunday, April 06, 2014

Sharing some class samples

Hi there!

I wanted to share a couple of classes that I created for the recent ScrapMuch? Spring Retreat.

This first one features a variety of paper manufacturers and a few Silhouette cut files that I created.  I based this layout on a sketch from my friend Brenshevia,who was kind enough to allow me to use it for the class.

I had a lot of fun showing some ladies how to use ink with stencils.  And we also painted the lattice piece and the heart piece with a combination of acrylic paint and Mr. Huey's mist.  It is a lot of fun and if you do not completely blend the two mediums together you get a really cool effect.

This layout features some really great Kaisercraft papers, I shared a technique with the ladies for covering chipboard tags.  We scrunched up some vintage sewing pattern tissue and glued it to the tags keeping lots of creases, trimmed around the edges, and then inked the edges and also ran the ink pad over the top to pick up some ink on the creases. It is an easy technique that looks really cool.

I have a few more projects from the retreat to share with you in the next little while.

Thanks for visiting.
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!