Tuesday, May 13, 2014

CREATE

Hi there!

I had a little free time this past weekend, and a need to scrap away some blues, thankfully I had hauled some scrappy goodies up to our trailer, so with the tunes cranked I set about deciding what to create.  I remembered seeing a great mood board at Scrap Around the World, and thought I would play along.  Lately, I had been wanting to do a page about why I scrapbook, just for me, so it seemed like the perfect thing to incorporate with the SATW mood board.  But, I had to wait til I got home to add the photo.

This is what I came up with:


I had a ton of fun with paint and mist, got really messy and even glued wet stuff down.  I just went with how I was feeling and didn't worry about anything else.  If it didn't work out, I tried something else - no stress ALL fun!  It has been a LONG time since I created a page for now reason other than I felt like it.

Here are some close ups...


I didn't use any patterned paper, just a Dear Lizzy tag booklet and some fun washi tape, with the exception of this great Amy Tangerine paper I used for a background.


I used a lot of Creative Embellishments circles covered with paint and mist and ME enamel dots in red and pink, as well as some black Tim Holtz rubons (I seriously heart theme) and Pebbles rubons in gold.


I added journaling strips to tell why I love to create.

Here is the SATW mood board. I did not want to do a celebratory page, but I was inspired by the colours, gold and the girly feel of this pretty mood board.


This is the Dear Lizzy tag booklet I used in lieu of patterned paper.


I also had fun with these chipboard circles from Creative Embellishments.

 Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

  1. Love, love the layers and yummy details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, so glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Amazing layout, Laura!! One of my new favorites! I love the fun design you created and the b&w photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  3. I love this layout Laura. It's a bit different from your normal style, and yet it's totally you too (if that makes sense). I like that you played, added, and told your story in the process - your albums need more you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiiu, I needed to hear that!

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks so good! Love your gorgeous style :) Thanks for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tehri, it was a lot of fun to create!

      Delete
  5. Such a gorgeous layout! You've inspired me to try chipboard with paint and mist! I take my scrappy supplies on holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I am looking forward to seeing with you do with chipboard, paint and mist.

      Delete
  6. Great page! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW!http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. Lovely page!!! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn, this page was so much fun to make!

      Delete
  8. I really love the black and white background it's amazing! Your layout is beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is so sweet, and beautiful! Everything is in harmony! Congratulations and thanks for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and precious page ! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!