Friday, May 30, 2014

Super Star ~ Fancy Pants

Hi there!

Yesterday I was trying to catch up on my blog reading and as I was reading my scrappy friend Cathy Harper's blog I was checking out her fantastic layout that she posted and noticed it was based on a sketch by Jenny Evans for Fancy Pants Designs.  Well both Cathy's page and the sketch were super inspiring and I felt the need to play along, one more just for fun layout is always a good thing, right?

I received a lot of Fancy Pants Be Different goodies in my latest Boys Rule Kit Club kit but I had already created about 8 projects with it, so I was sure I had much left.  I dug deep into my scraps and found enough to create a page based on the sketch, between my Be different scraps and some Trendsetter scraps.  Which is fantastic.  However, nothing went smoothly last night when I scrapped, mu Silhouette wouldn't cut nicely and jumped, I changed to a new mat and blade, but the new blade wouldn't cut at all. My sewing machine lagged.  I almost gave us and went to bed, but I am no quitter!  Finally, just before 2am I pulled this page together.






Please don't tell me you hate it after all of that hullabaloo! lol

Fancy Pants is asking that you share pages created with this sketch on their Facebook page here.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! The layering, the stitching....you rocked this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circles filled with patterned paper and journaling! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is really awesome Laura!! And I hate it when I have those times, where everything seems to go wrong when you're working on a page, but you did a great job getting this one finished!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!