Sunday, June 15, 2014

TIME with you - June 15th Stuck?! Sketches Reveal

Hi there!

There is a brand new sketch up over at Stuck?! Sketches, have a look at my take on it.....

These photos were taken while we were out for dinner, we have a habit of killing our wait time with taking selfies.

I told my husband that this was  a freebie layout because aside from the background paper everything else what pulled out of my leftover bin. Which is kind of funny in itself, because really didn't I pay for the stuff in the first place?  But no, I think along the lines that I had used the majority of the collections so I got my monies worth out of it, right?  But it was even funnier when my husband reminded me that I did get paint all over a shirt and a sweater while creating the page, so that cost me! And in all fairness, he doesn't care or ask what I spend so I needn't have gone down that path in the first place, lol!

Anyway, here are a few close up shots....

 Tim Holtz rubons tucked in (love doing that), MME enamel dots,  grocery store heart clip (yup), Studio Calico tiny wood veneer hearts and the ampersand was from Elle's Studio.

 A few left over die cuts created with my Silhouette, Buttons and Badges flair.

You can see in this photo that I dipped almost everything into paint and added some paint to my background.

Here is a look at the sketch....



 We have 2 fantastic sponsors for this sketch ,  ScrapMatts, for sponsoring is offering 2 large pieces of chipboard to one lucky participant!
www.scrapmatts.ning.com

AND the Flying Unicorn who are also sponsoring this challenge, offering a $50.00 gift certificate to their site to a second lucky participant!

http://www.flyingunicornstore.com/

I hope you will join us over at Stuck?! Sketches, have a look at what the DT created to inspire you and play along for your chance at these 2 great prizes!

Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. I love everything about this layout, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joefil, so sweet of you!

      Delete
  2. I just love love this sketch and your project. I am working on mine now and will link up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, looking forward to seeing what you create!

      Delete
  3. Love how you used this Sketch, Laura!! The layering is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura this is fabulous, love all the embellishments and the paint on the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manda, so glad you visited!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Laura for your uplifting comment on my layout (in paperpapier.blogspot.com) for the Stuck?! Sketches challenge. In fact, I was inspired by your beautiful layout. I love the blue background patterned paper that you used and of course, I love your photos which really 'pop' and very eye-catching! Love your interpretation of the sketch, awesome work! Heaney

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!