Monday, July 28, 2014

Wooden disk tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am sharing a tutorial today with my friends at Boys Rule.   The current Boys Rule kit came with these really fun blank wooden disks, and I had a ton of fun embellishing them to add to my pages.


 First, I pulled out some stamps, Stazon and water colour paints, along with a black Sharpie.

Stamping onto these disks is super easy and a fun way to coordinate them with your project.

Next I paint half of a disk with water colour paint and used my black Sharpie to define the two colour tones.

For the next two disks, I adorned them with some stickers, it is a great way to give a simple sticker a bit of a lift or highlight a great puffy sticker.

And lastly, I adhere a chipboard star to a disk and inked around the edges with a fun contrasting colour, it really pops off of the page!

As you can see it is really easy to take a simple element to the next level and wow it up!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. So clever! Thanks for sharing!!! Will def use the sticker idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!