Friday, August 01, 2014

Go See Learn - Stuck?! Sketches - Echo Park

Hi there!

It is reveal day over at Stuck?! Sketches and I have a layout to share!


Even though this is a travel collection, I loved the colours for this photo (and the extra challenge below) so I made it work for this school themed layout.  This is my youngest son's Grade 4 photo, taken while he still attended traditional school.

 I used a soft blue Mr. Huey's mist and some water to create the background colour of this page, using a variation of this technique. Then I added some splotches of undiluted mist in the same colour as well as a parchment colour, finally I added some coffee rings with a Tim Holtz template and a sandy coloured ink. Waiting a few minutes between layers for drying time, helped to avoid everything bleeding together!

 The flair and puffy stickers on this page are from Evalicious and the wood elements are from Elle's Studio ( I am pretty sure anyway).

 The title was first sketched and then cut with my Silhouette, I later went back to my layout and added in coordinating doodling.

 I cut out watch is supposed to look like a clipboard with my Silhouette using some MME scraps that I had on hand.

 The page tabs, flair, and puffy stickers shown on these two photos are from Evalicious as well.

And now for the sketch reveal......
... you can see that I decided to use one larger photo instead of two smaller photos.  I actually used this same sketch in a precious post frome arlier today (scroll down to see it) with 2 smaller photos, so you can see this sketch is versatile and easy to use.

 Stuck?! Sketches is partnering with Let's Capture our Memories for this challenge, they gave us a fabulous colour palette to work with, shown below.  If you use both the sketch and the colour palette, you can link up with both sites for a change at both prizes!


 And speaking of prizes, out sponsors for the Stuck?! sketch is Flourish with a Bling ......

and May Arts Ribbon!

I also want to give you a little heads up, In exactly 1 month, I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary with Stuck?! Sketches and we have so much fun lined up for you!  If you aren't' already, you definitely want to start following Stuck?! so that you are among the first to know about our super fun month long anniversary party!


Thanks so much for visiting today, don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT at Stuck>! created!


6 comments:

  1. Love... No! L-O-V-E this layout, Laura!! You are most definitely a master scrapper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic page Laura!! Love your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Laura!! Love the layering and clustering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous!!! I love all the cute details and the colours work so well with your sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, Laura! Totally loving all those fun, little details, and your title is perfect! Fabulous sketch, too ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout Laura! The patterns, the colors & that adorable photo are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!