Friday, August 01, 2014

ScrapMuch? Monthly Reveal - My Mind's Eye

Hi there!

Today is the first of the month and that means I have a reveal to share over at ScrapMuch?, and this month I was given some goodies from My Mind's Eye to play with!  There were fun papers and elements from both Market Street and Necessities in my kit and I adore them both!  You will love how versatile these products are, you can use them for almost anything!

I have created 4 layouts, a card and a little altered item to date, but you will likely be seeing more from me using this collection soon.

Date Night
I don't know if you can tell, but this polka dot paper is actually vellum with teal foil polka dots (I LOVE IT) did I say that out loud?  ha!   I have layered it over white cardstock to let it be a feature on my page. I used a few other patterned papers in smaller quantities, I like the way the colours tie together.

On the bottom of my page I layered some stickers, flair, a metal heard and 3 x 4 card.

I created my Polaroid frames out of the wood sheet in the Necessities collection, yes an actual wood sheet.  It is awesome!  Watch for a future tutorial with tips on how to use these wood sheets!

These photos were taken when my husband and I were out for some grown up time, I like them - I have a funny face another reminder that I am always talking or making strange mouth movements but whatever, that is me.  He says I am funny looking, hmmmphh!

Always Together
This layout features a wood grained paper, a bold teal polka dot paper and a diagonal striped vellum from Necessities as well as some fab patterns from Market Street.

Market Street has a great coordinating sticker sheet and Necessities has fun alpha stickers with great words as well, for us memory keepers.

I used some masks and inks from my stash to add some fun to my background.

This particular sticker says it all about the relationship between these two.  Even though I say she was my pup, when my husband was relaxing our girl was right there with him.

I also added some doodling to this page for a bit of impact. I like the way it defines the papers.

Celebrate
On this layout, the silver striped vellum and the teal diamond paper are from Necessities, the rest is Market Street.  I use my Silhouette to sketch on the title and faux stitched circles, a super easy technique.  The I layered up some patterns and a couple of 3 x 4 cards keeping my central focal point small and in scale with my 3 x 3 Instgram selfie, taken on a day we were celebrating the anniversary of my youngest son's adoption.



The clean background on this layout help the multiple patterns pop.

Sweet Moments
For this layout I used the sketch being revealed today at Stuck?! Sketches, as a jumping off point.  I had fun layers up the sweet candy coloured patterns for this babyhood page of my husband and his dad.  This photo was taken shortly after his adoption.

Clustering small circles of patterned papers and a few small embellies

I used my Silhouette to create some fun die cuts to adorn this page and used a brown Sharpie to add some doodling.

Great stickers,flair, enamel dots and metal arrows from Necessities and Market Street make for fun accents on this page.


You sparkle You shine
A quick and easy card created with a bit of leftover patterned paper and two 3 x 4 cards, with added doodling and metal accents.  The doodling gives great contrast to the patterns.

Altered Tray
I grabbed this little tray (about 4 x 6 inches) from the dollar store, it was raw so I painted it with my Martha Stewart chalk paint, then I lined the middle with this fabulous gold foil polka dot paper and added a fun flair and some enamel dots, I also used a few small flowers from my stash.

And that's it for now!  Thanks for joining me today!  Check back a little later for my Stuck? Sketches reveal (a different layout that the one above).

1 comment:

  1. So much yummy inspiration! Love what you've done with these collections! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!