Monday, September 22, 2014

Scrapbooker’s Blog Tour

Hi everyone!!!

Blog hops are so much fun and they’re a great way to find inspiration! So when I was asked by Diana Poirier, to be a part of the Scrapbooker’s Blog Tour, I was honoured and excited! I design sketches for one of the teams Diana designs for and I always love to see her creative take on them!

Thank you Diana, for including me in this tour!

Here are a few questions we were asked to answer:
 

1. What am I working on right now?

Along with a few DT reveals, I am working on a tutorial for ScrapMuch?.... 


and another for Boys Rule Kit Club... 




A sketch for ScrapMuch? that will be revealed later this week....


and a freebie cut file that will be shared on the Boys Rule Kit Club blog next week...


2. How long does it take me to create a project?
 
It can take me anywhere from an hour to a few hours to complete a page, depending on how detailed it is.
 

3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?

Aside from pretty papers, which are always high on my priority list, I am loving playing with paint and stencils.  My love of layers is unlikely to ever change, likewise for buttons and inky edges.

4. How does my creative process work?

If I am doing DT work for ScrapMuch? or Boys Rule it always starts with fabulous papers, I then decide if I will be working with a sketch and will pick photos that mesh with both the papers and the sketch.  If I am creating for Stuck?! Sketches, then the sketch is the starting point and pictures come next.

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

Typically I am inspired by scrappy products, but I  also use Bloglovin' to follow a kajillion a lot of blogs.  I love to see what scrappy friends are creating with and what subjects they like to scrap. 

6. What is my signature style? 

Layers, and more layers, I love layers.. but in a clean and simple way.  Though I do like to add dimension and texture with mists, ink and paint.  One might think this makes my pages heavy or super mixed media-ish.  But really they are pretty simple.

Now it’s time to tag another scrapper and one that I find inspiring.

I hope you will find her as inspiring as I do.

 Jayne Morgan

Thanks for visiting!
 

5 comments:

  1. Loved the little insight into your creative process Laura, and I'm honoured to be tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Laura.. awesome things on the go right now.. and excited to view your work any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN Laura!!! You are one busy Girl!!! Love your sneak peaks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to get to know you a bit more my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana and thanks for choosing me!

      Delete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!