Sunday, September 28, 2014

What if your photos are dark and your papers are light - Tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am up on the Boys Rule Kit Club blog today sharing a tutorial, so it is a no brainer that I share it here, too!

I actually created this tutorial with the last kit.  It came about because of some photos I was scrapping at the time, but I didn't have a chance to share my technique yet.  So here goes.


I have shared this page before, but I really didn't get into the nitty gritty of it. As you can see my photo is very dark and these papers are so light and fun.  I really wanted to pair the two, and when I first pulled this page together it just wasn't quite right. So I used a couple of tricks to make them mesh a little better.

First up, I added a white border to my photo, a white mat would work, too.

Then I doodled .... everywhere... with a fine tip black marker.



I traced around just about every element on my page,




 And added some black journaling, too.


Now my lights and darks mesh, my photo doesn't look like a black hole in the middle of my page and I am much happier with the result.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!