Monday, October 27, 2014

Canadian Scrapbooker October Sketch

Hi there!

I meant to get this post up earlier in the day, but it turned out to be one of those crazy days. You know, the kind where you wake up exhausted because despite your best efforts to get to bed at a decent time, you don't sleep.

Then your youngest child wakes up once again, feeling nauseous, for no reason, for what is about 20 days in a row.  It always passes, but the pain in his lower belly doesn't. He is a trouper really, but we have lost more homeschooling days this month, alone.

We have been to the doctors who asked us to come back this week if it hadn't passed - then she went on vacation.  He even fainted last week - of course it was when I was on the road, on my way to girls weekend :(

So today we went to urgent care, which is usually quick, but was also crazy busy today.  They ran urine tests and a very thorough ultrasound.  We are no closer to finding out the reason for the pain, but at least we know it is not appendicitis.  So that's a positive, right?

Anyway, on to my creative sharing....

I had the urge to play along with a fabulous sketch by Sue Sykes, created for Canadian Scrapbooker.  I have had these photos waiting to be scrapped for a while now, but didn't really feel inspired by them.  Then this sketch and this collection by Lawn Fawn landed in my packing pile (for girls weekend) at the same time!

 

Along with the Lawn Fawn papers and flair, I used die cuts from Amy Tan, washi and cork from Freckled Fawn, die cuts and vellum from Pink Paislee, cork and a chipboard camera from Studio Calico, and enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.

 And I know see that I omitted a title, I never do that, but I am okay with it!

And here is Sue's fantastic sketch.....


Thank you for visiting today!  You have just a couple of days left to play along if you wish to be considered for Sue's prize or publication.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I hope they can find out what's going on with your son, Laura!! That has to be frustrating! I really love your layout, and the way you used the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I love how you used a "summer" paper for a fall layout and it worked great! So many awesome details in this layout!
    Hope he feels better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Laura! Such a sweet palette, and I just love the playful patterns. I soooo hope that you find out soon the cause of your son's troubles. I can't even begin to imagine your frustrations.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!