Thursday, October 02, 2014

Happy Holidays - A Little Early

Hi there!

I squeezed a few minutes of free time out of my schedule yesterday to play along with a few challenges.  It has been so long since I played with one of my digis and my Copics, and I was definitely craving some fun!


This is what I created.....


And here are a couple of close ups...




I thought I would play along with my scrappy friend Jayne's "In Stitches" challenge at Little Red Wagon. She made the cutest card and mentioned that she hadn't coloured in quite some time, which reminded me that I hadn't either.  As you can see I hand-stitched around the blue snowflake patterned paper, to meet the challenge criteria.

I used a sweet snowman image from Tiddly Inks, partly to get a holiday card made (there has been lots of chat on Facebook about starting them), and partly because my youngest was sure he saw a flake of snow yesterday (HE DIDN'T, lol).  I noticed that Tiddly Inks was having a "Make it Sparkle" challenge.  So I thought I would join in on that as well.  I added some glitter to the patterned paper using Scor-Pal tape, and some Stickles to the wooden snowflake.


Then I went looking for a sketch to play with and found this one at Sweet Sunday Sketches that seemed like. it would be perfect for my image.  It was fun to pull this together.

I used some great My Mind's Eye wintery papers from the Christmas Wish collection, which I won at a ScrapPink crop I recently attended.

So glad you visiting me today.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Love that snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Laura! Never met a snowman I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely work! Beautifully balanced, coloured and that shimmer really fits the bill! Thanks so much for playing along with the Tiddly Inks Make it Sparkle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stinkin' cute Laura, love your layered embellies and the touch of sparkle. Glad you had time to dig out those markers......thanks for joining our stitching challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable! What a great combination of sparkle with your choice of papers and embellishments. Congratulations on getting an early start on your holiday cards! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!! xx Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that yummy texture! Very cool card! Thanks for joining us in the Make It Sparkle Challenge at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful CAS card, I love all the patterns with the adorable image and that snowflake is such a perfect touch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks, best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!