Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Game Night - Boys Rule - Bo Bunny

Hi there!

Have you seen the latest kit just released at Boys Rule?  It is a fabulous kit for November and December and just perfect for this chilly time of year when we want to stay in and be cozy!


There are goodies in it from Bo Bunny, Simple Stories, Jillibean Soup and more!

I wanted to get a project done quick to share today, so I dug into the Bo Bunny "Wild Card" papers and die cuts to create this page. 



I knew I had a perfect photo for this collection, as my husband, our youngest son and I recently learned to play Cribbage during a cool and wet night while we were up at our trailer.  Well, let me rephrase, the theme of the photo is perfect - the quality is less than, as it is a grainy iPhone photo - but memories are memories, right?

I used an old Bo Bunny splotchy stamp on the background with some Stazon Ink in black and some white Mr. Huey's to play up the distressed wood look, and then stitched some "rays" onto my page for more texture.  I was going to to the stitching with my sewing machine but it died on me as I was getting it set up and doing a trial run :( anyhow, how about a few close ups?




I painted the fun cork stars with some water colour paints, for no reason other than I wanted to give it a try.



I layered several stickers .


I loved the way the Simple Stories "Legacy" stickers went so well with the Bo Bunny "Wild Card" papers!  Laura-Lee always amazes me with her skills in that area.



So glad you joined me today!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome design Laura! I love the look of the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!