Wednesday, December 31, 2014

10 + 4 = my favourites!

Hi there!

Today is the very last day of 2014 and so I thought I would share with you my ten favourite pages that I created this year.  You will notice my math skills are questionable though, since I did not stop at 10! This is a long post, but I would love for you to stick with it un
til the end.

Recently, I went through all of my layouts from each company or DT that I was a part of in 2014 and chose a favourite or two, so here goes....

From Boys Rule Kit Club, I chose these two pages....

I love the photo on this page even though it is kind of hard to tell it was taken at the beach.  It is based on one of my own sketches which happens to be a favourite of mine, too. I have used it a few times :)

This page is of my  middle son, he really is a great kid.  My heart is currently hurting for him so maybe that is why I love the page, but I do like the balance and the way the colours of the papers play up the photo.  The sketch this page was based on is by Jenessa Franco. Boys Rule has amazing kits, loaded with great papers and embellishments, so fun to play with.

For Evalicious I chose a page from my first term and one from my second term.

I love that I didn't use any patterned paper on this layout, I do not do that often and it is kind of fun once in a while (I do have a patterned paper addiction though, so I need to feed that often!) I also loved the way the photo looks, I printed it on vellum - a little hard to tell here but it is a cool technique. 

This page features a large card that I love, for its phrase and colour palette.  I decided to use smaller photos in a film strip style so that the photos and the card would accentuate each other.   I love the product that Eve creates, it is so inspiring to play with.

I create sketches for Isabelle at Let's Capture our Memories, Isabelle and her DT coordinator Aurelie (fellow Stuck?! Sketches teammate) were kind enough to feature a couple of pages of mine. They made it to my top 10+4 list.

I love this page for its calm and organic feel, I like the way the colours and product work with my photos. Both this page and the next were created using my own sketches.

Alternately, I like this page for its vibrant colours and goofy pictures.  These photos reflect real life at my house.  I am gifted with a dozen or so goofy photos before I get the one I am looking for.  This page reminds me that I need to look for the gold in all the photos, because they all hold memories. I think I need to scrap more of my "outtakes" in the near future.

For my challenge blog, Stuck?! Sketches, my team is amazing and they inspire me to dig a little deeper in myself to put more of me and what I love into each page.  These are my Stuck?! 2014 favourites...

I had fun creating this page, maybe that is why it made it onto this list.  I just played with random papers and embellishments without a thought of sticking with a single manufacturer and I busted through some of my stash!  I also like the way the page looks as sunny as the photo.

This page is all Bo Bunny except the twine and alphas, I love the way it turned out.  It is based on a sketch that I created for Stuck?!, and I didn't think I really liked the whole triangle thing until I did this page! I love the pictures too, again my middle son along with our new puppy.

This is my last page for 2014 for Stuck?!, using some American Crafts papers and a random slew of embellishments. I don't often stamp on layouts and I do not know why, as I love the look on this page. I love the photo of two of my boys together, it makes my mom heart happy when they spend time together.  I love that my big boys know it is so important for my youngest to get this time with them.

The next two pages were created for ScrapMuch?, they always give me an amazing stash of product to play with each month.  Playing with perfectly coordinated elements takes the guess work out of scrapping so your mind can be free to just create!

I don't know what it is about this page that I love, but probably the way the colours pop off the dark background that the painted edges of the patterned papers and photo. I do not usually love doing birthday pages, this was a rare exception.

My youngest son and I totally went out and made mud to play in to take these photos, because I really wanted to scrapbook something like this.  I think it is a case of life mimicking art! lol  My hobby gets a big thumbs up for inspiring us to make a memory, just so we could document it! I might need to try this trick again!

The next few pages are layouts that I created to play along with challenges.

This page was created to play along with a mood board at Scrap Around the World this past summer.  I really love the way it turned out.  I created it about my hobby while at my happy place, with fun colours - so that is all kinds of good! Plus I won a prize for it!

This page was created to play along with a sketch at Scrap 365, along with a desire to create an all white page. I created it while at a retreat with friends, double bonus!  And the triple whammy was also winning a prize for this one!

This page was created to play along with a Fancy Pants Designs sketch by Jenny Evans.  I know it doesn't seem like it right now but I do not typically get a lot of time to play along with challenges ( I hope that changes in 2015) so it was super awesome to be asked by Fancy Pants to have this page featured in their June 2014 newsletter.

If you are still with me, I would like to tell you about a couple of things that have occurred to me while writing this post.  First, it seems that I like happy pages!  I thought I really liked distressed looking papers but as you can see, other than the Bo Bunny pet paper which is slightly distressed looking - my favourites all navigate away from the distressed look, hmmm?! Secondly, it would seem that I have a thing for the colour teal, usually in a lighter tone, but sometimes darker, too. This could be why the colour teal joined the long time standing yellow as being a favourite colour, in 2014. And third, I probably should scrap our older son and my husband and I a little more, we will have to make a point of getting in front of the camera!

Thank you for humoring me today, I enjoyed and needed this trip down memory lane and today is a great day for it! 

I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy New Year - thank you for being on this journey with me, let's see where 2015 take us, shall we?!

3 comments:

  1. All of your layouts are amazing....you are always an inspiration to me! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the amazing inspiration! Love your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work from this past year, Laura! And I am a big fan of Teal and Yellow too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!