Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Morning - Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

I cannot believe we are just about half way through the month and Christmas is less than 2 weeks away!  Eeeep!  I am not ready, are you? Are we ever really ready? Ha!

At Stuck?! Sketches we are launching our mid-month sketch just a little bit early to give you all a little extra time to play!  We have also joined forces with Scrap Around the World, who have inspired us with a fabulous mood board!

Here is my page documenting my youngest getting a new computer from Santa last year and my middle son, Jon, getting it all set up for him.  These two are techies to the core and I love when they get all geeky over stuff together!


I had a blast creating this page, I actually ordered these papers just for this layout. This gorgeous colour combo is inspired 100%  by the Scrap Around the World mood board (see below).  I love the pops of red against the cool white and blue.  I used soft blue water colours around the edges of the white cardstock to draw in more of that great colour.


I added Maya Road sheer snowflakes that I have been hoarding  for a while now, newer Lawn Fawn wood snowflakes, Teresa Collins star sequins (from Tinsel and Company), and an Evalicious flair with a big red camera on it to adorn my page.


I also stamped a couple CTMH snowflake stamps and embossed them with a soft blue Zing embossing powder strategically around my page.


I crocheted a bunch of these red hearts a long time ago (long before Bella Blvd made them a hot item)  it was great to be able to include one on this page!


The black rubons are reeeaaallly old ones from Bo Bunny that I have had in my stash for many years, and the sparkly alphas are from Recollections that I have had forever, too.  Some things are timeless!


And a little journaling to wrap things up.  I tend to add my journaling last, do you?

Here is the sketch that I created for this challenge, as you can see, I flipped it for my page. Like the last challenge, the colours that I added to the sketch are just for a bit of holiday flair and are by no means meant to be a mood board of any kind.


And this is the fabulous  Scrap Around the World mood board, isn't it yummy?


You can see that I took my inspiration from the blues, whites and pops of red in the mood board.  I was also inspired by the snowflakes and the hearts. The clear blue of the mason jar inspired my use of water colour paint and the fairy lights made me think of the star sequins.

Stuck?! Sketches is offering two amazing prizes for this challenge.

Big Picture Classes is offering a $30.00 gift certificate to one lucky participant, in order to win this prize you must play along with both our sketch and the Scrap Around the World mood board, when linking up put SATW after your name so we know to include you in the draw.

My Scraps and More is giving away a $15.00 gift certificate, and anyone that plays along with the Stuck?! Sketches December 15(12th) 2014 sketch challenge is entered into the draw for this prize!

So glad you visited today!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Laura!! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Laura! I love the way you used the banners from the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!