Monday, December 22, 2014

Falala - Teresa Collins

Hi there!

Even though my holiday "to do" list seems a mile long (like yours, I'm sure) I took a little time out to be creative.


We've had 3 different little canvasses hanging in our happy place (trailer) since we bought it.


This past season, we hung up a piece of art that was more personal, and some storage.  So the three unremarkable canvases came home and I stuck them in my craft room until I felt inspired to do something with them.

That inspiration came a couple of nights ago, when I transformed  one canvas into a holiday decor item.


I used some scraps that I had left over from Teresa Collins' Christmas line, glittery red Thickers and a Kaisercraft wood tree, which I painted and distressed. As well as some My Mind's Eye washi which is wrapped around the outer edges of the canvas.

It now sits nestled in with my Poinsettia.


I also wanted to mention that a while ago I had started adding watermarks to my pages, then a few months ago I changed my watermark.  I was looking for something that was still very visible but didn't detract too much from the art.  I know there is some controversy over the use of watermarks, but sometimes they are necessary.  My scrappy friend Juliana  inspired me with hers and I created something similar for me.  I like that I can adjust the opacity per project.  anyway, I just wanted to give her a shout out for inspiring me.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!