Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Be You & Be Silly - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am sharing a new layout over at Boys Rule today, using the latest and greatest kit!


I kept my page layout pretty simple and then focused on personalizing it  with embellishments and special touches.

The earthy tones of the October Afternoon and We R Memory Keepers papers were just perfect with this fun photo of two of my boys goofing around in the tree in our backyard.  I love that they did a mini photo shoot for me this past fall!


I used some Distress Ink to "stain" these wood stars and then pulled out a gold paint pen and added some doodling.

I also added two colours of ink, in teal and brown, to the amazing Pink Paislee star.... I love them so much!


The enamel shapes from Doodlebug are so fun, but for this page the blue colour just didn't work...  my trusty gold paint pen fixed them up quick and easy!  Love that!  It is a great tip for stash busting, you can alter the colour of your goodies so you do not have to have every colour on hand.  Sharpies work great for this, too.


I also used my gold paint pen on the foam Thickers, just for fun, and these enamel shapes as well.  I combined the Jillibean phrase card with the Thickers to create my title.  The Jillibean card got a treatment of the same two colours of ink as the Pink Paislee star.  The original bright white did not really work for this page, I love how it turned out with the ink.

Thank you for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. Love the simpler design Laura, and the pop of Red behind your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Layout and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Photo~ It's amazing that one picture is worth a 1000 words~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, so nice of you to stop by!

      Delete
  3. Such an awesome design Laura, and I love that they did a photo shoot for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!