Thursday, January 15, 2015

Gotcha - Boys Rule sketch challenge and Inspiration layout

Hi there!

I am up on the Boys Rule blog today, sharing a page and inviting you all to join in on the sketch challenge that I am hosting!


The challenge is open until the end of February, and I would love for you to play along!

This is my take on the challenge:


If you have been visiting for a while you may know  that every July we celebrate the day our youngest joined our family, July 5th is his official adoption day and one of our favourite, self proclaimed, "holidays"!  My journaling speaks to this.

On this page, I love the way the bright colours pop off the dark background.  I used a combination of Bo Bunny, Carta Bella and We R Memory Keepers papers on this page and just love the way the colours and patterns go together.


I added a bit of custom coloured paint via a stencil to my background.  These red and yellow chevron arrows were cut from one of the patterned papers, then traced onto teal paper to create a third one in the colour that I was looking for.


I added lots of doodling around my page with a black fine tip Sharpie, some of it was done in a cleaner style and some in a messier style - just to mix things up.  I love the way a bit of black Sharpie can help your page elements pop.


I also doodled on the foam Thickers.


Layered stickers, some with doodling or journaling and some with out.


This star also got a custom paint colour treatment.  ( I will be sharing a bit more on super easy custom paint colours later in the month.) I also used some of the adhesive Sticko gems, love the candy colours these come in.

So glad you stopped in today!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous sketch and layout! Love all the dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Laura, and more importantly, what it stands for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome Laura!! I love the combo of Gray and Orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your page Laura!! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great sketches Laura (other posts) Hope to play along. LOVE your page!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!