Tuesday, January 06, 2015

New Home Card

Hi there!

I am popping in really quick today to share a little card that I made for a friend's daughter.  Her and her boyfriend recently bought a house and hosted a really lovely housewarming party!


Quite a while ago, I created a Silhouette cut file of a house with a heart in the centre.  I decided to revamp the file to create a card.


As you can see, I welded two of the houses together after removing the heart from the centres.  Then, I added on a half pocket to tuck in an Ikea gift card.  This make for a great card base.  I like white card centres usually, so I made an internal offset of my original house (again with the heart removed) and cut it out in plain white.

For the front, I altered the little house once again to be able to create an internal offset of just the roof, for a bit of added colour.  Then I used a pen to have the Silhouette draw the sentiment.

Thank you for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Happy New Year, Laura! Looking forward to creating with your sketches in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!