Thursday, January 08, 2015

Snowy Pal - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a page to share today, using my latest kit from Boys Rule.  It has so many fun goodies in it and I just couldn't wait to get started.  Even though Laura-Lee told me not to rush to post a page, I just couldn't help myself!


At about 10:45pm on Tuesday night, I pulled out the contents of the kit just to check them out, and started looking through photos on my computer to coordinate with some of the kit contents. The next thing I knew, I was printing photos and die cutting papers!  I was kind of on a little mini roll, ha!  Then I started playing with embellishments, and this is where I got lost.  I couldn't decide which embellishments to use and and where to put them.  I checked my clock, and sure enough it was 1 am, an hour after I told my husband that I would be following him to bed, momentarily!  I decided to leave everything just as it was on my craft table and head to bed.

Wednesday morning after doing some of my morning to do list, and while Timmy was doing his math problems, I glanced over at my page - you know just to admire my work, lol!  Sure enough, it roped me in and there I was finishing it off.  The sleep must have done me some good because it came together super quick.  Quick enough that I still had decent morning photography light, so I ran upstairs to snap some pictures.


I have done several wintery day layouts lately and I didn't want to reuse a photo, so I was looking for something a little different to scrap.  That's when I came across this photo of my son snuggling with this little stuffed snowman that belonged to our dog, Mollie.  I found him like this when I checked on him before going to bed myself.  I think Mollie gave it to him in the night.  She was motherly like that.

Anyway, how about some details.


The kit has a great sticker sheet from Carta Bella with lots of snowy bits, I layered up several stickers here and there on my page and added snowflake stickers to the centres of these great wooden snowflakes.  The enamel chevron arrows are super fun too.


I also used some of the stickers to create my title.


I layered up some stickers, more enamel pieces and a great star on the left side of my photo.


It is a little hard to tell in this photo but I added faux stitching around this great Bo Bunny paper that I die cut.  And then I did some straight line doodling around the outside of it.


When my page was almost complete, I added my journaling to one of the cut out circles and sprinkled some of the Smooch Sprtiz around, the colour is called "Ice Rink" and it is just so pretty - I LOVE IT!

Product List:

Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny "Altitude" and "Souvenir"
Stickers: Carta Bella
Enamel chevron Arrows: Doodlebug Sprinkles - blue jean assortment
Film Strip: Bo Bunny "Altitude"
Chipboard star: Pink Paislee
Wood snowflakes : I am not really sure, I will have to check on this
Mini Placemat: Jillibean Soup
Twine: unknown as well

Thank you for visiting today and checking out my layout!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving this Laura!! WHat a great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! Truly beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Laura! I love the mix of patterns and the awesome large circles!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!