Sunday, January 11, 2015

YOLO - ScrapMuch? - My Mind's Eye

Hi there!

I am sharing a double page layout today, that I created to teach as a class at the ScrapMuch? fall retreat.


I started with creating the background using the Tim Holtz distress ink and water misting technique.  The ladies seemed to love this and got great results, each creating a unique backdrop for their layout.  The My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste collection was just perfect for this page, as it is so cheerful!


The suns were created using a sponging technique and water colour paint, with a mask that I created with the Silhouette and a cut file that I designed.

I loved adding the doodling to this project, with a black felt tip pen, it just adds so much impact and fun factor.

 The title tag was also created with the Silhouette.

The red flowers were another Silhouette cut file that I created just for this project and I just love them! I have used them several times since creating this class.

I also added little file folders to insert journaling.  You could really hide a to of journaling on this layout if you chose to.  I left mine visible.

These photos were taken of my husband, our youngest and I when we were up north this past summer.  It was the first time that my husband and I ever kayaked, our son has his own kayak and has been several times.  I loved it and would like to get my own, too!  If you know me, you know I do not love boats (even though we own a motorboat), so this is a big deal for me!

Thanks for visiting today!
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Oh love this Laura! Especially the background and die cuts!
    I would love to start making double layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome double pager Laura! I love those fun layered flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun page!!! LOVE the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those layered flowers are delish, Laura! Love! And your two-pager is too fun! I used to do one of these every single month, and I miss them so. Note to self: Take a lesson from Laura ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. double page layout - my favourite! this looks wonderful and wow you are such a great doodler (is that a word?) - every time you do it, I am impressed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!