Friday, February 20, 2015

All Boy - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am sharing a page I created the other night, for Boys Rule Kit Club.  I honestly just popped into my craft room to clean up a bit before heading off to bed.  We are currently also using my craft room as a homeschooling area and I wanted to have it ready for us to start learning in the morning.  But somehow, a layout happened!


These photos were taken this past summer at a small zoo not too far from our summer vacation place.  My little guy loves when he can interact with the animals in residence.  I love scrapping photos months later, because I get to relive all the fun all over again.


I started out this by adding a subtle misted harlequin pattern to the already pretty wood grained background paper.


Then I added some teal, misted in a polka dot pattern, as well as some faux stitching, using my Silhouette and a brown felt tip pen.


These Pink Paislee stars are amazing, you can add ink to alter the colour but the white polka and black text remain consistent.  Love that!


You can see on this photo and the one below I used some of the Thickers accent pieces as embellishments. It is a good way to use more of your alpha packages.


I used a Copic marker to alter the colour of my enamel triangles, I felt they were just slightly too blue for this particular page, Sharpies and paint pens work well too.  Another good way to get more use out of your stash / kit.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page!! LOVE the color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wood grains Laura, and the look of the Teal mist in the background!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!