Saturday, February 14, 2015

I AM - a just for fun multiple challenge layout

Hi there!

Last night I took some time out while my husband and youngest son went to hockey practice to create a just for fun page.  My scrappy friend and Stuck?! Sketches DT member, Aurélie, is also on the DT of another challenge site called Challenge Yourself.  And her pages always inspire me, so I thought I would play along.  I decided to incorporate a few other challenges as well since it is not often I play just for fun!

Here are the challenges...

Challenge Yourself offered this colour combo as well as a request to include the words "I am" in our titles.  The premise behind this challenge site is to include yourself in the layouts.

Scrap Our Stash requested we use a stash item from each letter in the word W-A-S-H-I.

Sue Sykes created this fun sketch for Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.   I  try to play along with them as often as I can.

And this is my page...


I really tried hard to find a good photo of me but I do not get in front of the camera often, so this goofy one will have to do.  But that is why I ended up incorporating this camera die cut into my page., just a little symbolism from me to me. Ha!

I tried to stay pretty close to the sketch, but did add some paper strips and the top and bottom of my page to help reinforce the colour combo.


I decided if I was going to create a page about myself, then my I AM statement and journaling should really be about the "me" that isn't about being mom or wife, but more about the things that make me, me.


I used a bunch of stash items, more than what I needed to for the Scrap Our Stash challenge and it felt really good.

This is how I used the challenge word/letters..... 

W - WOOD BUTTON
A - ALPHA STICKERS
S - STAPLES
H - HEARTS 
(they are tiny and a little hidden, but they are there.  I always feel kind of narcissistic when I add hearts onto a page about me! lol)
I - INK 
(my journaling)

Product List - patterned papers: Simple Stories and My Mind's Eye; flair: My Mind's Eye and Maggie Holmes (picked up from her booth a few CHA's ago); rub-ons (a million years old though brand new and still work amazing) and alpha stickers: Kaisercraft; enamel dots: My Mind's Eye; brad: Freckled Fawn; stickers: Echo park and Pebbles; resin flower: Webster's Pages; corner anchor and floss: CTMH; Sharpie, Staedtler pen, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, misc. wood button.

Thank you for visiting!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Laura! Love the clouds in your background and those old rub-ons are great! We have a lot in common ;) You rocked this challenge. So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, the camera makes a fantastic impact to the page. Thanx for joining us at a Challenge YOUrself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunning page, just perfect for this challenge, Love how you interpreted the sketch. thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page and fantastic take on the challenge! Love how you used the die cut camera! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout and terrific take on our challenge! Love the use of the die cut camera! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura! I love your layout! You used all of the challenges perfectly here. Thank you so much for joining us this month at Challenge YOUrself! Woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page Laura, love the big die cut camera and paper and good job on the stash challenge! I'm glad you play along with us at Scrap Our stash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, Laura! Love all the pretty little details. Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout!! Those colours are amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely fantastic! You HAVE to get in more pictures; you look great! love that you changed photo to a black ^ white and so love the camera cut file! Kate (SOS AND Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome layout! thanks for playing with Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job on the stash challenge. Love the large diecut camera and great touch with the black rubons. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout. I love the camera die cut and fabulous take on the challenge. Tank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so great!! Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am seriously in love with this layout! The colour palette is SO beautiful!! And it's so great to see a layout about YOU!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Challenge YOUrself!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute. Thanks for joining the Scrap Our Stash Challenge!

    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a great page. I've always loved the layered photo look...it adds so much dimension. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge Yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!