Sunday, February 15, 2015

Smile - Stuck?! Sketches - Simple Stories

Hi there!

There is a brand new sketch up at Stuck?! Sketches, check out the lastest sketch and scroll down for my take on it!


Sometimes, I know right away what photo I want to scrapbook and other times I have some papers that I want to use and scroll through my photos until I find a suitable one.  This layout was the latter.  I love these Simple Stories 24/7 papers but only have a 6 x 6 pad plus some embellishments
this sketch was perfect for using up some of these papers as there are only a couple of large pieces needed.


I love this photo, these two love to boat and pose for photos!  Do you know what is kind of funny - when Timmy leaves the boat to swim or play on a nearby rope swing Max spends the entire time pacing back and forth on the boat and panting.  When Timmy gets back on the boat Max relaxes but sits ON him!  Such a mother hen.


After I completed my layers, sticking really close to the sketch, I added in some great Simple Stories chipboard pieces and stickers.


I traced around my patterned papers, etc. with a brown pen for soem fun impact.

And added in some water colour paints, using my tim Holtz 'bubble' mask, and doodled around a few of the bubbles.


Some stitching a Doodlebug enamel dots finished my page off nicely.

I hope you pop on over to Stuck?! Sketches to play along, the DT has created some amazing pages, Die Cuts with a View and May Arts Ribbon are our sponsors and are offering fab prizes  AND we have a DT call going on.  You can find all the info for that here.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. I just love this page Laura!! The colours are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this page Laura! You've given me new inspiration to use up my 24/7 collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Laura! I love the visual triangle the clustered elements create on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous page! Love this collection, and you've totally made it shine! That bubble mask is too fun, too! So much to look at and drool over and be inspired by. Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!