Sunday, February 01, 2015

So Tweet - Stuck?! Sketches - My Mind's Eye

Hi there!

It is time for a brand new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches and this time we are partnering with ScrapMuch? and using their monthly colour challenge!  We are also offering great prizes from ScrapMatts and ScrapMuch?!

Here is a look at the sketch:


And this is the colour challenge from ScrapMuch?, it will actually be
revealed tomorrow - so consider this a sneak peek!


And here is my take on both challenges:


I actually went with a slightly more orange-y red than the cherry red suggested, I am calling it creative license! lol

I have been wanting to try this background technique for a while, I love the way it looks but will have to hone my skills at getting the balance just right.

 

Using my Silhouette and a Sharpie, I 'drew' this phrase repeatedly on my background paper, and then painted them with water colour paints.


 I also used the Silhouette to make some pretty die cut leaves.


This flair is from Evalicious and the wood veneer feather is by Creative Embellishments. I also took the opportunity to use up some of my Thickers stash - okay not even a drop in the bucket, but the intent was there!

I hope you pop on over to Stuck?! Sketches  to see what the rest of the team created, they are amazing! And there are some amazing prizes to be given away with this challenge!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing page! LOVE what you did with the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Laura! Love the quote in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!