Saturday, March 28, 2015

Water Colour Paint Tutorial - Boys Rule Scrapbooking Kits

Hi there!

I have a fun little tip to share with you today, that utilizes my water colour paints and the fun black and white birthday paper from pebbles Inc. that was included in this month's Boys Rule kit.


All you need are a few colours of paint and a brush of some sort, I am really liking my water brush for use with my water colour paints.


I started out by picking three colours of paint that I wanted to work with, by pulling the colours from the patterned paper that I would add to my page later on.


Then I just got busy adding colour to my title first, painting in every third letter....
 

... and then adding some colour randomly around my page.


I repeated this for all three colours, and went back and added more of each colour wherever I thought I needed it.  With bad eyes and a shaky hand, it is by no means perfect but I love the effect so I am happy with it.


And then I created my page, adding a few simple layers and embellishments.  i did not go too crazy, since this page is pretty busy to begin with.

Product List:  Patterned papers - Jillibean soup and Pebbles; Die cuts - Jillibean soup and Pebbles; Stickers - Jillibean Soup; Washi - Doodlebug Designs; Other - water colour paints, Sharpie marker, Liquid Glass, Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

Thank you for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Laura! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Brilliant idea to watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AWESOME Laura!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! LOVE how you painted the paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome Laura! The watercolor looks great on that paper, and the finished layout is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a transformation! Love your palette to bits!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!