Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy | Scrap our Stash | Crate Paper

Hi there!

I am back with a third post for the day.  I was recently invited to be a guest over at Scrap Our Stash, it was such a thrill to be invited! 


Brenda and Rochelle asked me to create a sketch to accompany their mood board challenge.  Check it out....


And this is their stunning mood board. 


Now I don't get to play with pink often, so I was all over this mood board! And the gold.... sigh!


I decided to use this picture of the hubs and I taken up at our happy place, seeing as we are looking all rosey and happy!

As I mentioned, the pink and gold from the mood board really caught my eye, but so did the geometric shapes and general girliness of the board, not to mention the "happy place' poster.


I had some leftover papers, stickers and chipboard from the Crate Paper "Notes and Things" collection so that seemed like a good place to start, then I added in some randomness in the form of more embellishments from my stash.
 

Flair, rubons, misting....


 Rosettes, enamel dots and vellum flowers - oh my!


Clips, stickers and stitching, too!

Supply list - Patterned paper, stickers and chipboard: Crate Paper; Vellum flower: Pink Paislee; cardstock: CTMH; flair: Evalicious; enamel dots: Michaels; rubons: Kaisercraft; mist: Smooch Spritz; rosette: American Crafts; 'happy', heart and arrow sticker: Heidi Swapp; doily: Petaloo; floss: DMC; the heart clip came from a local grocery store.

I want to thank Brenda and Rochelle for having me this month, I was super inspired by the challenge! I hope you all decided to play along, you can find out all of the information and link up here.

Thank you all for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, sketch and amazing job with the mood board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketch and the layout, Laura!! And the CP looks awesome! This is one of my favorite collections from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, love! Such pretty papers and fabulous elements! Love your play on triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page and awesome sketch! Love how you used the inspiration photo to complete your page! Thank you so much for being our FABULOUS Guest Sketch Artist this month!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!