Friday, May 15, 2015

his spotter | Stuck?! Sketches

HI there!

There is a brand new sketch challenge up at Stuck?! Sketches ...


... and we have two amazing sponsors!  Both,

  and

are ready to give two winners a prize!

I would lie to share my take on the sketch with you...

HIS SPOTTER
 

Our dog Mollie, was always ready to supervise her boy in his activities!


I pulled out some scraps of Jillibean Soup papers that I had left over from another project because I like the colours with these photos. I decided to use paint, ink and stamps to creative the vertical elements of the sketch, and then layered on some Washi tape and part of a Jillibean Soup place mat.  I also added splotches of water colour paint here and there using an easy technique that I will be sharing soon.



After layering my photos onto patterned paper, I had fun with embellishments.


I drew on the circle elements and added the title as me last steps.

Supply List:  Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned paper, die cuts, cork, place mat, wood veneers, alphas and stickers: Jillibean Soup; Washi: Freckled Fawn; Tim Holtz distress ink; Leow's water colour paint; Staedtler pen; Kaisercraft stamp; Hemptique twine; Mr. Huey's black mist; misc. buttons.

Thank you for joining me today, I hope yo join us over at Stuck?! Sketches for your chance at the prizes!

3 comments:

  1. Another awesome Laura layout. I love the colour palette you went with for this. Just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, Laura! Really loved playing with this sketch. Great color and texture, and your hand-drawn circles are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one with all these funny colours !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!