Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Imagine | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club

Hi there!

I am sharing my first reveal with the May / June 2015 Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club contents today.


This layout documents a 2012 Remembrance Day assembly that my youngest participated in. His class sang a beautiful rendition of "Imagine" by John Lennon. I am telling you all those sweet little voices singing that song, brought tears to my eyes. I printed my photos quite small (3 x 3) as it somewhat disguises their lousy quality.


I began this layout by creating some interest on that already pretty and distressed looking teal background paper by Bo Bunny.  I wanted to add even more colour and distressing to the background, so I began by drawing on the black circle elements with a Sharpie, then adding red and black water colour paints to bring in the colours of the other patterned papers by Kaisercraft that will be added, some circles of white paint and finally some splotches of white paint, black Mr. Huey's and gold Smooch Spritz.


Next I cut the Kaisercraft "Audience" paper into strips, tearing some and adding distress ink to all of the pieces. I then layered a couple of strips along the bottom of my page and folded the film strip piece and stapled it to the top of my page.  After adding paint to the edges of my photos I matted them onto the "tune" striped paper and tucked it behind the lower layers on my page.


From there I added in ephemera here and there,

 

and trimmed out some speakers from the "Tune" patterned paper - which also got treated with some white paint.


 My journalling is on the post card, tucked behind my photos.


Finishing up the page, I added the gold clip, tucked in the guitar,

added the gold rub on stars and last but not least, I did a little more doodling with a black Sharpie.


Supply List : (from the May / June 2015 kit) patterned papers: Bo Bunny (Safari), Kaisercraft (On Stage); ephemera: Echo Park (Jack and Jill); rub on stars: Paper House; sticker: Jillibean soup (Sight Seeing Stew); alpha stickers: Doodlebug Inc.; gold mist: Smooch Spritz ( gold Glow); misc: guitar, gold clip, red string.

Other Supplies: white paint, water colour paints, black Mr. Huey's, black Sharpie, Tim Holtz Tine Attacher, Pumice Stone distress ink by Tim Holtz.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Love how you added to the background to make it your own. The end product is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!