Friday, May 15, 2015

#love | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club

Hi there!

I have a new layout and sketch to share with you for my latest DT assignment with Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club

Here is the sketch.


As you can see, I am a little circle happy right now!

Here is my take on the sketch...


I started my page by layering my photo onto punched and torn strips of paper, that were inked with black ink. Next I created a backdrop for this focal point by adding some water colour paints in a few splotches around the page, then I stamped randomly with a mesh stamp and StazOn ink, and finally I added paint circles using a variety of sizes of lids as stamps.  I like to keep a random supply of these in my craft area.  As a final step for my background, I added black Mr. Huey's (from my stash) and some of the gold Smooch Spritz from the kit.


Next I added some of the gold rubons around my page, I love that they are slightly distressed looking.  And don't those fun little glasses look cute!


This little plastic clip is perfect on my photo, it was a little slippy so I added some Washi tape on the back to hold it in place.  PS I seriously love that little face!


I trimmed off one of the phrase strips from one of the patterned papers and adhered it to the bottom of my page.  I then added a journaling tag from the ephemera package, and a little banner clip, as well as another rubon.   


Lastly, I added my title with the great Simple Stories alpha stickers, and a few Doodlebug enamel triangles that I had left over from the last kit.

Supply list:  Kit contents - Echo Park patterned paper, die cuts and packaging used for photo mat; Smooch Spritz in gold; Kaisercraft gold rubons; misc. cardstock, glasses, Simple Stories alphas, plastic and wire clips.

Other: Decoart and Anita's acrylic craft paint, Leow's water colour paints, black StazOn ink, Tim Holtz tiny attacher, black Mr. Huey's mist, Doodlebug enamel triangles (from prior kit); Bo Bunny mesh stamp, Staedtler black felt tip pen.

Thank you for visiting today, I hope to see you play along with us at  Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club!

5 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that layout and sketch- gonna use that for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisa, looking forward to seeing your layout!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous layout Laura! Love all the circles, the layering and that mesh stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sketch, Laura! Love all your mixed media goodness, too! Perfectly scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout!! LOVE the layering and the way you did the circles!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!