Thursday, May 28, 2015

Stamping with Masking Tape Tutorial | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club

Hi there!

I am sharing a tutorial over at the Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club blog today, using masking tape as a stamping tool. I learned this technique from my scrappy friend Cathy (she is not a blogger or I would link you to her) and it is just perfect for adding a bit of texture and grunge to our masculine projects!


Cathy taught me this technique with masking tape, however I only had painters tape on hand, it's pretty much the same thing though.  Aside from that you will need ink in the colour of your choice.

For this tutorial i will be making a card, but of course this would work just as well on a layout as well.


Start by laying a piece of tape over your ink pad, gently rubbing your finger over the tape to press it into the ink.


 Next lay the tape over your project piece in your desired location.  I have already sort of planned our my card so I know where to strategically place my ink.


This is the effect you will get.


i added more to my card, reusing the same piece of tape.


And this is my finished product, I love the look, how about you?

Kit Club Supplies - Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Pink Paislee and Kaisercraft; Rubons: Paper House; Ephemera: Echo Park.

Other Supplies -Hemptique button twine; CTMH black ink; misc. tape, cardstock and button.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!