Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Hello Beach Babe | Stuck?! Sketches | Simple Stories

Hi there!

Today is our first reveal of the month at Stuck?! Sketches and I am excited to share my layout!


I decided to work on my Cuba album a little more, seeing as the trip was only 3 years ago, ha!  This sketch allowed me to use 3 photos which was perfect for this beach-y photo shoot of our youngest.

I pulled out some leftover Simple Stories "hello summer", this collection just worked out so perfectly even though this was actually January!  It was our first trip ever to somewhere warm during our cold season.  Loved it!

I started by adding the circle elements to my page using acrylic paint and a few circular plastic jars that I keep in my stash for just such a occasion.  Once they were dry I also added some black circles over top of the yellow with my Staedtler pen (I like the definition this adds), and then I sprinkled some Mr. Huey's mist around my page.


I cut out this 'hello' from one of the acrylic overlays in the collection - I really love the way it looks!


You can see my signature layering of embellishments here.


And here.


I thought it might be fun to journal on my photo, I wasn't brave enough to add too much in case I made a mistake but it's a start ;) Sharpie works great for this, by the way.


I added some tone on tone stitching for texture, pop dotted some stickers for dimension and added a couple of Evalicious badge buttons (flair) for fun.

Here is the sketch, I hope it inspires you to play along!


As usual, we have two great sponsors giving away prizes - so we will have two happy scrappers!

http://scrapmatts.ning.com/

http://www.shopscrapmuch.ca/catalog/

Product List:

DecoArt Paint; Mr. Huey's mist; Simple Stories patterned paper, acrylic sheet, stickers, chipboard; Evalicious flair; Hemptique button twine; WRMK floss; Freckled Fawn geo clip; misc. button; Staedtler pen; teal Sharpie.

Be sure to pop on over to Stuck?! Sketches to see the DT inspiration!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Simple Stories on your layout, Laura! Great summer page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used this fun collection!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!