Sunday, July 05, 2015

Oh Happy Day | Gotcha Day #10

Hi riends,

I am back again for my third post of the day with a more personal share.


Today we are celebrating this young man's 10th "Gotcha" Day!  I cannot believe it has been almost 12 and a half years since he landed in my waiting arms, at less than 24 hours old.  Today marks his 10th year anniversary as our son, in the legal sense of the word.  But we knew from the very beginning that he was meant to be ours. At some points our adoption journey was hard and felt never ending, sometimes I wondered if it was ever going to work out the way we wanted.  It was definitely a long and often worrisome two plus years.  The silver lining to wading through mountains of paperwork, missed visitations and pools of tears was the time we were able to spend being a family before we were "mom" and "dad".

Each year I like to make our Timothy a special card, this is the one I created for this year.


Supply List:  cardstock: Staples and Recollections; image stamp: Your Next Stamp; sentiment stamp: Lawn Fawn; patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Copics and Copic paper for image; Memento black ink;  Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher Hemptique twine; misc. button.

Thank you for visiting again today and letting me share our joy with you!

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a special moment...thanks for sharing with us all! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have come across this post! What a special day for you! I can totally relate! My adoption process was long and hard too, a wait of 8 years however just melted away when our daughter was placed in my arms! It felt like it was always meant to be! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lizzy, I am so glad that you had a happy ending as well!

      Delete
  3. Adorable!! Such a nice thing to do every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having been adopted myself and having adopted our eldest daughter, your story is near and dear to my heart. As I said somewhere in another post, he for you and you for him! Continue to enjoy the journey together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware of that Dee. My husband and mother were also adopted. It must be in our blood. ;) heehee

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic, Laura! Such a playful creation for your little... big man! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!