Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Sun | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits

Hello!

We are a week away from our big move, and are still hoping to keep life balanced with some play time!  The little man loves the beach, so sandcastle building day at the trailer park was a "must do".  The bonus for me is the built in photo shoot! ha!  That's is where I snapped this sunny close up.  I have a few pics of him and and his friends and their sandcastle too, perfect for another layout.


This page was created for Boys Rule, using the July /  August kit contents, which is overflowing with summery yumminess!

I started this page by stamping some white paint circles  on the this gorgeous background paper.  Next I added white paint to the edges of my photo and a few of the patterned papers.


Then I began layering up papers, stickers and ephemera - tucking in cork, wood veneer and buttons here and there as I went along.

I finished off my page with a splattering of Mr. Huey's, some very basic doodling and my journalling - of the very short and sweet variety!

Supply List:  Kit contents - Simple Stories and Pink Paislee patterned papers;  Fancy Pants wood veneer and ephemera; Crate Paper cork elements; Simple Stories, Echo Park and Kaisercraft stickers; Studio Calico Washi stickers;  misc. star clip. Other supplies  Mr. Huey's mist; DecoArt craft paint; Staedtler pen; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and Distress Ink; Hemptique button twine; misc. button; American Crafts vellum.

Thank you for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. I love the close up photo Laura, and you did an awesome job with the Summer Vibes collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go making this collection shine once again. Gosh, I just adore all the bits and baubles you were able to tie into this page, and those white rings add such great movement around your photo cluster!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!