Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hello Autumn | Canadian Scrapbooker

Hi there!


A couple of months back, I was invited by Jackie Ludlage of Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine to try out for the Fall 2015 Cover Challenge.  I must admit I didn't even know this was a thing, I guess I just assumed that they chose from the regular entries.  Silly me. Now, you can imagine how honoured and excited I was to read the invitation!  I don't know if I am allowed to share specifics, but several scrapbookers were invited and as you know, there is only one cover, so just getting the invite was more than enough for me.  Jackie mentioned that a few other takes on the cover challenge would be published inside and that we would be asked to send in our layouts if we were chosen to be published at all.  So when my layout was asked to be mailed in I was kind of excited! Still not really believing or knowing if it was going to be published................

As you can see, I didn't make the cover - no surprise really, this page is stunning, love the flowers and stamping! Jackie made the right choice for sure.


But I did make the inside!  Along with Kristine Davidson, a scrapper I admire!


For the challenge, the magazine provides the photo (cute girls, eh?) and journalling; as well as layout and photo size specifications.  Being new to creating 8.5 x 11 layouts  (new as in I created my first and only about a week before the invite) I was a little intimidated, but totally up for the challenge.  After all, what did I have to lose!


I chose my colour palette from the tones in the photo,  wanting my layout to reflect the soft colours of Autumn.  Just before we get the full blown golds and russets, as the leaves change. These papers from My Mind's Eye were just perfect.


I pulled some embellishments from several manufacturers, I just love doing that.


I love layering embellishments, as well as adding several clusters.  Because of the size of the layout I struggled with this a bit - and then it came to me and I had fun with it and really liked the way it turned out.


Simple journalling per the challenge.

Supply List:  Bo Bunny cardstock; American Crafts cardstock, vellum and alpha stickers; My Mind's Eye patterned paper, brads and die cuts;  Fancy Pants "3" die cut, decorative bag; Evalicious flair; misc. wood tag, flower and washi.

So glad you stopped by!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Laura! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Laura. I got myself a copy and cannot wait to see some beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Laura and a great honor. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence! This is the first copy for my new subscription and there you are! You will need to sign my magazine, my famous friend! What a lovely layout and congrats! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!