Saturday, September 05, 2015

Family | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit Club

Hi there!

I am up on the Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits blog today sharing this fun masculine page!  I had fun getting a bit messy late the other night, playing with the latest kit.  Here is a little peek at the kit to whet your whistle.


I pulled out a photo I came across recently (read - I found a whole bunch of stuff I forgot about when packing of r our move) it was taken waaaay back in 1992! It is my father in law and our oldest children who were 1 and 3 at the time.  These three were inseparable! So finding the photo was a treasure!


I am brand new to Gelatos so of course I am going to jump right in and start with them!  First I stamped onto this fun text paper by Kaisercraft with an old Bo Bunny stamp that has been in my stash for quite some time with some Memento Tuxedo black ink.  Then I coloured in each circle with Gelatos, smoothing it with my finger tip and then using a water brush to blend the colour a bit.  I also added a bit of the grey Gelato to each of the colours to muddy them up a bit, in keeping with the distressed look of the patterned papers.

After that I added some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in teal. Next I layered  couple of patterned papers behind my photo and adhered them all to my page with some pop dots.  After tucking in a couple of stickers and a tag, I stitched on my title and added the wood elements.  As a final step I added some heavy splotches of black Mr. Huey's mist. And then I decided that wasn't the final step after all and added in the gems and star sequins which came in a previous kit. ;)  Usually I like to pretty much stick with what came in the kit but this time I wanted to add a bit more small stuff so I dug into some older Boys Rule goodies, it all seems to mesh pretty nicely together.






Supply List:  From the kit - Gelatos; Kaisercraft patterned papers and stickers; Heidi Swapp wood veneer.  Other - die cut "family" and heart with the Silhouette out of scrap kraft cardstock; Heidi Swapp teal Color Shine; Mr. Huey's mist in black; My Mind's Eye twine; tag, star sequins, gems and yellow "good stuff' ephemera from a previous kit; Staedtler pen; Memento Tuxedo black ink; Bo Bunny Stamp.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!