Monday, September 28, 2015

No. 30 | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits

Hi there!

I am sharing a new page for Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits today, using some of the September and October kit.

I was recently sorting through an unfinished mini album that I started about a hundred years ago, thinking it would be nice to have one spot for one photo a year for each child - to see how they had changed.  I don't know why but I didn't continue on with it.  Anyway, I came across this photo of my eldest son taken a lot of years ago, I have to look back in some old albums but I am going to guess he was about 8 or 9 (he just turned 26), I love this photo and I thought it would work really nicely with the Kaisercraft elements in the kit.


I started my page with the thought that I wanted to add some Gelatos to the background with my Tim Holtz Splatters stencil, so I began by building up the patterned paper layers behind my photo.  I adhered them all together but did not adhere them to the background page just yet.  First I eyeballed where the photo would sit and then I added the Gelatos using a water brush and the stencil.

Once that was dry, I added my photo and patterned paper layers, and then the fun part begins!  Playing with and layering up embellishments.  Although, this page is pretty light on the embellishments.



I did dig into my stash for a few things, do you remember these Tim Holtz rubons we got in a previous kit?   Well I love them - a ton - but had sort of forgot that I had them, so it was great to play with them again!

I used them to create my title, my sons jersey number was 30 - he was a goalie and in our league goalies were always number 30.

As you can see, I also added these rubons randomly around my page - it is my favourite way to use rubons.


Along with stickers from the kit and my old rubons, I added in a few buttons from my stash to pull out the maroon of his jersey, and this die cut word "boy" that was in my "junk" bin.



The tag and Polaroid die cut were also in my "junk" bin.  I also used the Gelatos to colour the wooden Heidi Swapp arrow, I mixed all four colours from the kit to create a maroon colour - that was fun! I have to go back to this layout and add the date, as I mentioned I still need to look that up, but I really like to look of the layered stickers over the tag. It might seem odd, but I usually add my mist last, as was the case for this page.


This boy is definitely a unique soul, probably why he played net - goalies area  different bread of people!  Man do I love that kid, quirks and all - I would love to still be watching him on the ice.

Supply List - from the Boys Rule Kit:  Kaisercraft Scrap Yard papers and stickers; cardstock; Gelatos; Heidi Swapp wooden arrow.  Non Kit elements: Tim Holtz rubons, Tiny Attacher, and stencil; DMC floss; misc buttons and die cuts; Mr. Huey's mist in black.

Thank you for visiting today!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!