Tuesday, September 15, 2015

SK | Boys Rule

Hi there!

I am up on the Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits blog today with my take on a brand new sketch challenge!

This is the sketch that I created for us all to play with:


For this page, I pulled out some of the Kairsercraft Scrapyard papers in the rust and blue colours.  I really liked the way they played off of each other.


In lieu of adding a patterned paper where the sketch has the star paper, I used a mask and the grey Gelato that came in the kit to build a bit of a pattern base behind my double ended banners.  I am pretty much brand new to Gelatos but have enjoyed using them in a couple of different ways since I got my kit!

After that, I added the banner shapes and then stitched a big square onto my page, right over top of the banners.  I must admit that my Gelatos were not quite dry when I ran my layout through my sewing machine, so I got some "track" marks where the foot of the sewing machane dragged through the wet Gelato - but I really like the effect - not that I would recommend it, it is a little mucky for your machine.

After that I added my photo and then did a bit of tearing and folding of my background paper, next I  began to layer in some embellishments, A little Sharpie doodling and it was all done!

Here are a few close up photos:








Supplies used: From the Kit - Kaisercraft Scrapyard papers and stickers; grey Gelato; Heidi Swapp wood veneer arrows; cream cardstock.

From my stash: Magenta mask; Tim Holtz distress ink and tiny attacher; Bo Bunny alpha stickers; Sharpie, misc. black brads; Evalicious and Buttons and Badges flair.

Thanks for visiting today, don't forget to pop on over to Boys Rule to play along for your chance at our monthly prize!

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!