Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Card Base from Scraps Tutorial | Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits

Hi there!

I have decided to step down as a member of the  Boys Rule DT, although this was a tough decision to make,  however I have been feeling extremely overwhelmed lately.  With so much to do but not enough hours in the day, and as a result it feels like I am failing on so many levels.  (I know I am not the only mom with these feelings.) I have a wish list of things that I would like to try and more things that I would like to accomplish   And as much as I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of Laura-Lee's great team, something has to give.  Besides, honestly, I have done so little scrapbooking lately - whcih upsets me quite frankly because I love this hobby!

As I was finishing up my very last DT project  using the September / October 2015 kit, I decided to make a card with some of the leftover patterned paper, it is just too nice not to use up!  However, it occurred to me that I only had a partial sheet of cardstock left from the kit, and I wanted to save a chunk to use as a photo mat for another project, so I got a little creative with my card base.  I thought you may be interested in this technique too.


These are the papers I will be using.


I started by cutting a piece of cardstock to measure 4.25 x 5.5 inches, this will be the back of my card. Next I cut a piece of patterned paper to measure 5.25 x 5.5 inches, this will be the front of my card.


Score along the longest width of the patterned paper, at about one inch down from the top. This creates a flap that with fold around the back of the base.


Now attached the two pieces together by applying adhesive along the flap.

 back

front

Voila, you now have a fun card base to work with!


This is my finished card.

Supply List - From the kit: misc. black cardstock; Kaisercraft patterned paper and stickers; grey Gelatos.  - From my stash: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Memento black ink; Your Next Stamp sentiment stamp; Doodlebug twine; My Mind's Eye enamel dots;  Crate Paper wood shape (from a prevision kit); misc tag.

Thank you Laura-Lee for having me as part of your wonderful team for the last almost 3 1/2 years, it was an amazing experience. And thanks so much to you for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Another AWESOME tip Laura!!! Sorry to hear you are leaving Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for doing what you need to do to take care of yourself. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!