Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Card Class | ScrapMuch? Fall Retreat

Hi there!

I thought I would share a couple of the classes that I created for the recent ScrapMuch? fall retreats, maybe is mall doses so that I do not overwhelm you!  lol!

Today I would like to share this card class, each card holds a gift card, so they are perfect for holiday gift giving, I custom created cut files for each of these cards, I like to do as much cutting ahead of time as possible for my class attendees so that they can just play and chat!

Stocking Card

This first card has a lift up flap and is basically just a pocket that holds the gift card.  The trick is to place adhesive along the edges of the stocking as well as pretty much dead centre to keep a gift card from sliding all the way down to the bottom of the stocking.


File Folder Card

Once you remove the belly band of this card, the file folder opens to reveal a pocket that will hold a gift card. You can see the pocket being demonstrated below, as I have tucked the belly band into it.


Penguin Card

I had so much fun creating this card, I actually created two versions for the gift card pocket part of the card.  We used only one - maybe I will share the other version at a later date.  The pocket is created via a slit in the card that holds a gift card (it is a little hard to see in the photo below but I think you will get the idea.


Sequin Pocket Card

I have used versions of this card before, the gift card sits in the middle section of the card and practically pops up as the card is opened.  However this is the first time that I have added a sequin pocket to the card.  I showed my attendees how to create one with my Fuse tool, from We R Memory Keepers.  I am a huge fan of this tool!


Present Card

There are a variety of this type of card around, most predominately the flower pot one, however I wanted to create one that looked like a Christmas present.  When you slide off the lid of the "box" the gift card is revealed, it is sitting in a slit on the white cardstock attached to the lid.


Thank you for visiting today, I will be sharing more of my classes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!