Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dreamers Gonna Dream | Stuck?! Sketches

Hi there!

Today I am sharing my latest DT reveal and sketch for Stuck?! Sketches.

Here is the sketch...


When I create my sketches I like to mix up the number of photos, as well as the size and shape of the photos.  And sometimes the sketches look a little more feminine or lean towards masculine  of course all sketches are totally open for interpretation and I hope people feel free to scrap how they feel or what they want to.  Typically I scrapbook a fair amount of masculine pages, but once in a while I like to go girly, and this page is pretty much just that!

Over at Stuck?!, we partnered with Scrap it with a Song, who challenged us to use the song "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin for inspiration.  I know this song was popular waaay back when I was in high school, but I have not listened to it in many, many years. Maybe not since the last high school dance that I attended! ha! Although, I did see and enjoy this version of it a couple of years ago when it showed up in my Facebook feed.

So that became inspiration for me.  This photos was taken on New Years Eve last year.  New Years Eve can be a bit of an emotional night, as we look back on the year(s) past and give hope for our future. I always, always hope for peace. For me, for us and for our children and for the world as a whole. I rarely make a resolution but I definitely always hope for peace.  Last year most especially because our family was going through a tough time.


I loved this ephemera for my title, as my guy and I are dreamers, big time!  We dream about our children and our hopes for them, we dream about our plans for our house, we dream about trips we probably won't ever take - because you know something always comes up, but hey that is okay.  Being by each others side and having hope for our future and that of our children's is much more important.  But we aren't ever going to stop dreaming!



I had a bit of fun adding paint circles, paint drips and painted edges to my page.


Anyway, if you play along with us at Stuck?!, you have a chance to win one of our great prizes.  We are being sponsored by 7 Dots Studio and Freckled Fawn for this challenge. And if you play along with Scrap it with a Song as well, you have a chance to win their prize, too!

Supply List: Fancy Pants patterned papers and ephemera; Simple Stories enamel dots; Decoart paint; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine mist; October Afternoon button; misc. tulle.

Thank you so much for visiting today, I love it when you do!

8 comments:

  1. Loved the title right off and then I read what you wrote and yes it is the perfect ephemera! Your love your layout and your embellies are so cool I really love those flowers and yes the paint is also great! I really need to step out of the box more and do that. ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and love the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I love the colors and I loved reading about how the song inspired you

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful page. I love every thing about your page. Thank you for joining us at SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun page, love that you used a black and white photo. Thanks for joining us at SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, thanks so much for playing with us at SIWAS !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page!!! Awesome gold details!!! thanks for playing with SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout Laura! Such a great photo! Love all the embellishments and layers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!