Monday, November 30, 2015

Merry & Bright | My Mind's Eye

Hi there!

I had a little time last week to create this just for fun layout but no time to blog, so I am  popping in quick today to share my page.

I used some Christmas photos of our youngest son, taken last year, and some of my My Mind's Eye stash of goodies.

I played with a Christmas Ornament cut file that I created along with a fun title.


I used some papers from two non Christmas themed collections (Market Street and Collectibles)  and then added some Christmas-y touches with embellishments from two Christmas collections (Vintage Christmas and Christmas on Market Street).


I created some holly by stitching some leaves onto my page and using enamel dots from Doodlebug as the berries. A little hand written journalling tells the story.


I created a super quick cut file for my title and cut it from white cardstock, I went for a white on white look but also added in a bit of green water colour paint and gold Heidi Swapp Colour Shine.


A few strategic gold embellishments from My Mind's Eye and Simple Stories helps to reinforce my holiday theme.


This flourish cut file is from the Silhouette store, I love flourish cut files but do not often use them, so it was nice to add one to this page.


More gold from My Mind's Eye and Simple Stories and well as the gold paper ornament hangers. This gold paper is from Fancy Pants.


My Mind's Eye chipboard and enamel stars.


All the ornaments were cut from the background paper and then I added strips of a variety of patterned papers in behind.

I am loving these slightly nontraditional colours for my holiday page, it was so fun to mix things up a bit! 

Supply List:  My Mind's Eye patterned paper, pocket cards, stickers, ephemera, chipboard, gold glittered epoxy stickers, enamel stars and arrow; American Crafts cardstock and vellum; Doodlebug and Simple Stories enamel dots; Leow's water colour paints; Heidi Swapp gold color shine; Fancy Pants gold paper, misc. bakers twine; swirls and holly leaves from Silhouette store; ornaments and title cut files created by me.

Thanks so much for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! LOVE the ornaments and the way you did the title!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!